Commercial Auto Insurance
Considering Commercial Auto Insurance
If your business includes one vehicle or a fleet, you need to consider many different aspects of insurance coverage. Additionally, you need to consider commercial auto coverage if you’re a contractor or subcontractor driving to job sites, even if it’s your vehicle.
Company vehicles include (but aren’t limited to):
- service vehicles
- food trucks
- delivery vehicles
- tow trucks
- heavy equipment vehicles
The right commercial auto policy protects you and your business from liability concerns, physical damage, loss of use, personal injury, and more.
In the State of Michigan, the law requires everyone that owns a vehicle to purchase mandatory No-Fault insurance, consisting of three primary coverage(s):
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Property Protection Insurance (PPI)
- Residual Liability Insurance (RBI/PD)
What Can Be Covered
When choosing your commercial auto insurance, you need to know what can be covered by your policy.
Commercial auto insurance can include the following coverage(s):
- Liability Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage outside the State of Michigan
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Special Tort Liability Coverage
- Property Damage Coverage inside the State of Michigan
- Personal Injury Protection
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision Coverage
- Towing expense (in some circumstances)
- Rental Car Coverage (for some commercial vehicles)
- Loss of Use (for some commercial vehicles)
- Liability and Physical Damage protection for Non-Owned Autos
What’s Not Covered
It’s important to know that in the State of Michigan, not everything is covered by a commercial auto insurance policy.
The following is likely to be excluded from a commercial auto insurance policy:
- Unrelated medical expenses in relation to an accident when an employee is driving a company vehicle.
- Contents inside your business vehicle
- Accidents that happen when an employee drives their personal vehicle for business purposes
- An employee’s personal vehicle
No matter what type of commercial auto insurance you need, our experienced team will work with you to understand your needs and craft a plan that protects your current situation, as well as your future.
Together, we’ll find the best commercial auto insurance in Michigan for your business. Reach out today to get started.
ARE YOU PROTECTED?
Our agents are ready to ask the right questions to help you get the best coverage at the best price. Request a proposal now.